Thursday, March 12, 2009

~Stinky's Self-portrait & The Jenny Award~




Our cat, Alley, a.k.a. STINKY, is the best subject for just about any artistic creation since she has so much character. Her tenacious personality keeps her ahead of the Cat Pack...all 9 of them! When she crawled inside my Puritan rug hooking frame, I decided to hook her. If this rug stays around for 100 years, one day someone might wonder who owned this little kitty. They will never know what a stinker she was!
Speaking of cats, I was thrilled to receive the "Jenny Award" from Jenny Carter at Alley Cat Resue. Her friend, Fran Caldwell, created it for her site. I am very honored to be recognized for all the time we spend caring for and rescuing stray cats. We found homes for 23 cats and 5 dogs over the last few years. I am currently trying to rescue two dogs which have been abandoned near where we live. I named them Snoopy & Woodstock. I took a picture of them in the field as they were heading to their place of shelter. They eat in one barn and sleep in another. It has been over a month now and they will not let us get near them. It is so sad when a dog absolutely fears you...I don't see that as much with dogs as I do with cats. It took 3 months before our dog would trust us. After several years, he still only comes to us. Wish me luck with this rescue!
On a positive note, I ordered an Easter Bunny from Laurie Hardin. She e-mailed me yesterday and said she is almost finished with it. I cannot wait for it to arrive. I will post a picture of it with my upcoming Easter decorations!

6 comments:

Jenny Carter said...

The hook rug is perfect. I cannot believe dogs like that are roaming around. Wonder if someone just dropped them off. How horrible are people?!

Good luck with them!

The Old Oaken Bucket said...

I probably would never want to hear the stories behind most of these stray animals. Thank you so much for the award and being so supportive!

Bells and Bones said...

Stinky is so cute. I am practicing my blogging today.

Autumn Rose Crafts said...

Stinky is just gorgeous, Best of luck to you . Sarah :)

Lola Enchanted said...

*~Happy St. Patty's Day!!~*

Unknown said...

you are wondderful..
love your kitty rug..
mona & the girls..